What better way to keep kids entertained than with a few jokes? Here are our top 20 short Irish jokes for kids that will be sure to keep your wee ones giggling all day long.
Looking short Irish jokes for kids? If there’s one thing the Irish have, it’s a great sense of humour, they’re always up for having the craic! And if there’s one thing the Irish love making jokes about more than anything else, it’s themselves.
There are plenty of jokes about Ireland and what it means to be Irish, and while many of them may not be so child-friendly, we have made a list of some of the best ones you can share with the whole family.
So if it’s a rainy day and you’re looking for some way to keep the kids entertained, why not tell them some of these witty one-liners and short Irish jokes that will be sure to keep them laughing all day long?
Here’s our list of the top 20 short Irish jokes for kids.
Ireland Before You Die’s top tips for telling short Irish jokes for kids
- Make sure the short joke you are making is age-appropriate and light. Don’t be offensive and make sure it is something on their level.
- Visual imagery can be very helpful when telling short Irish jokes for kids. This helps to make it more engaging for them.
- The best thing to do is to keep the jokes short and sweet. A long joke that takes time to build up will be lost on the kids.
- Use facial expressions and bring in sound effects or funny noises/voices to make the joke even funnier for the kids.
- Kids often enjoy silly humour as well, so when telling your short Irish jokes, adopt a playful tone and have fun with the kids in telling it.
20. Ireland’s capital city, Dublin
How can you tell an Irishman is having a good time?
He’s Dublin over with laughter!
19. Ever wondered why there are no snakes in Ireland?
Why did St. Patrick drive all the snakes out of Ireland?
Because he could not afford their plane fare.
18. Climate change is a big concern in Ireland
Why are the Irish so concerned about global warming?
They’re really into green living.
17. Looking for gold? We know where to find it!
Where can you always find gold on St. Patty’s Day?
In the dictionary.
16. Luck of the Irish
Why should you never iron a four-leaf clover?
You don’t want to press your luck.
15. Leprechauns and gardening
Why are so many leprechauns, gardeners?
They have green thumbs!
14. The patio is the best place to sit on a sunny day
Why did the leprechaun walk out of the house?
He wanted to sit on the Paddy O’!
13. We all love Irish potatoes
When is an Irish potato not an Irish potato?
When he is a French fry!
12. Are shamrocks fake?
What do you call a fake stone in Ireland?
11. Happy St. Patrick’s Day
Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
10. Leprechauns and rainbows
Why did the leprechaun climb over the rainbow?
To get to the other side!
9. Irish spiders seem less scary after this one
What do you call a big Irish spider?
Paddy long legs!
8. Irish breakfasts are the best!
What’s a leprechaun’s favourite cereal?
7. Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget!
How is a good friend like a four-leaf clover?
They’re hard to find!
6. Great Britain turns purple
What’s big and purple and lies next to Ireland?
5. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
What is Dwayne Johnson’s Irish nickname?
4. Criminal leprechauns
What do you call a leprechaun who gets sent to jail?
3. Borrowing money from a leprechaun
Why can’t you borrow money from a leprechaun?
Because they are always a little short!
2. Frogs and alligators love St. Patrick’s Day
Why do frogs and alligators like St. Patrick’s Day?
Because they are already wearing green!
1. Horseshoes are said to bring good luck in Irish folklore
What does it mean when you find a horseshoe?
A poor horse is going barefoot!
Jokes are the perfect way to teach your kids about the country they live in by sharing some Irish traditions and myths. Instead of sitting them down for a boring history lesson, you will also be keeping them entertained with these witty one-liners. We promise they will be laughing for hours.
Those are some of our favourite gags you can share with yours this St Patrick’s Day. If you have any other great Irish jokes that your kids love, send them in!
Your questions answered about the best short Irish jokes for kids
You may still have some questions after reading our article on the best short Irish jokes for kids, but not to worry! Here, we have put together the most frequently asked questions and jokes about the topic, both to us and from online.
What does Ireland have more of than anywhere else?
The answer? Irishmen! A quick, easy and fun joke to tell the kids.
What is Ireland’s nickname?
Ireland’s nickname is the ‘Emerald Isle’. This owes to Ireland’s vast and lush green landscape that covers all corners of this small island off the Atlantic.
How do you say hello in Ireland?
You can say ‘Hello’ in Ireland simply by saying that. Or, in Irish, you can say “Dia duit”.
What is the oldest name for Ireland?
An old Celtic name for Ireland was Inis Fáil, which means ‘the Island of Destiny’. Not a bad name for Ireland, is it?