If you fancy enjoying a luxury spa break in Westport, then don’t miss out on staying at one of these fantastic spa hotels.
Not only is Westport a fun and exciting Irish town to visit for its abundance of traditional Irish pubs, entertainment, and eateries, but it makes an excellent base for exploring the rest of County Mayo and the Wild Atlantic Way.
There is nothing more appealing than coming back from a day of exploring and knowing you have a spa to relax in, and that is why we have compiled a list of the best hotels with a spa in and around Westport.
From vibrant town centre hotels to tranquil coastal retreats, there is something for everyone on our list so that you will find the right one for you.
If you are looking for inspiration for your next trip to the west, here are the five best luxury spa hotels in Westport to make your stay extra special.
The rundown – our top picks for the best luxury spa hotels in Westport
Best-located luxury spa hotel: Westport Plaza Hotel Spa & Leisure
Best luxury spa hotel with a view: Knockranny House Hotel & Spa
Best luxury spa hotel with live music: Castlecourt Hotel Spa & Leisure
Best family-friendly luxury spa hotel: Westport Woods Hotel & Spa
Best luxury spa hotel at the harbour: Westport Coast Hotel
The best luxury spa hotels in Westport – tips and advice
Booking.com: The best site for booking luxury spa hotels in Westport.
When to book: Westport is one of the leading destinations in Ireland. With only a few excellent luxury spa hotels, we recommend always booking in advance and never waiting until the last minute.
Where to stay in Westport – the best places to stay for exploring the Wild Atlantic Way
Westport Town Centre: Westport town is renowned for its colourful houses, welcoming vibe, quirky cafes and shops, and famous traditional Irish pubs like Matt Molloy’s. Staying in the heart of the centre is ideal for enjoying all the town has to offer.
This is a fantastic place to base yourself for exploring the Wild Atlantic Way and all the sights of County Mayo and beyond. It suits those who want to enjoy a cultural experience with lots of activities.
Westport Harbour: Also known as The Quays, this trendy area of Westport is home to numerous waterfront hotels, stunning views, excellent eateries, and a relaxed and intimate vibe, ideal for couples or those looking to be close to outdoor activities.
From here, you are close to Croagh Patrick, Clew Bay, and plenty of idyllic coastal villages, which make for a great rural day out. This is ideal for a tranquil retreat while being close to the action to enjoy whenever you please.
1. Westport Plaza Hotel Spa & Leisure – luxury in the town centre
Overview: If you are searching for one of the best luxury spa hotels in Westport, you need to consider staying at the famous Westport Plaza Hotel.
This hotel features a deluxe spa and many other amenities that earn it its four-star rating. Furthermore, its central location in the heart of town is ideal for exploring Westport.
With exceptional dining options, luxurious rooms, and proximity to Clew Bay Golf Club, this hotel suits every kind of traveller, no matter your interests.
Of course, there is plenty to do just steps away from the hotel, but if you plan to enjoy the lavish comforts, we don’t blame you.
The hotel is close to…Clew Bay Golf Club!
The hotel is perfect for…a central town stay!
IN HIGH DEMAND: This is one of the best-located hotels in Mayo, which is in high demand, so book well in advance to guarantee your dates and avoid missing out on staying right in the heart of the town.
Key features here include:
- One of the best locations in Westport
- Featuring ensuite Italian marble bathrooms and spa baths
- Coveys Gastrobar for delicious pub food and a pint or two
- Resort Health Club with sauna, steam room, kids pool, jacuzzi, and gym
- Spa Sula provides high-standard organic VOYA treatments
- The Plaza Bar features a gourmet burger menu for a relaxed meal
- Delicious sandwiches and delicacies served at the afternoon tea
- The C Club Leisure Centre is for all your fitness needs
- Close to Croagh Patrick and the islands of Clew Bay for day trips
Address: Castlebar St, Cahernamart, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland
2. Knockranny House Hotel & Spa – experience the best of both worlds
Overview: Being close to Westport town centre doesn’t mean missing out on the region’s stunning views. This is one of the best luxury spa hotels in Westport because it features the best of both worlds.
The hotel is just a fifteen-minute walk from the renowned Matt Molloy’s pub and a fifteen-minute drive from Croagh Patrick.
The hotel’s idyllic location outside Westport offers views of Croagh Patrick, the Clew Bay islands and the Nephin Mountains.
When you are not mesmerized by the scenery, you can avail yourself of luxury spa treatments in the deluxe spa or get active with lots of fun activities.
The hotel is close to…Croagh Patrick!
The hotel is perfect for…a tranquil countryside retreat!
IN HIGH DEMAND: Knockranny House is a firm favourite for those looking for a luxury spa hotel in Westport, but it is worth knowing that this can book out fast. So, book your stay at this popular hotel in advance, and don’t wait until the last minute.
Key features here include:
- Room service and a 24-hour front desk for whatever you may need
- An expansive thermal suite with a vitality pool and hydrotherapy stations
- French, Irish, and local dishes are served in the restaurants
- Antique furniture and log fires provide a cosy and traditional atmosphere
- Brehon Bar is famous for its extensive cocktail menu and delicious food
- Spa Salveo provides excellent treatments using Kerstin Florian products
- A fitness suite, relaxation areas, and twelve treatment rooms to enjoy
- Knockranny’s Garden is where much of their produce is grown on site
- Afternoon tea with a panoramic view is served daily at Brehon Bar
- A stunning garden terrace for al fresco dining, drinks, and social meetups
Address: Knockranny, Westport, Co. Mayo, F28 X340, Ireland
3. Castlecourt Hotel Spa & Leisure – a home from home
Overview: This four-star family-run hotel is where you will receive the warmest welcome in Westport, and if you are celebrating a special occasion, you are in the right place.
Here you can book anniversary breaks, wedding events, family breaks away, or a romantic escape, making it a suitable place for everyone looking for a special treat.
The hotel features some great amenities, including a fantastic spa and wellness centre for relaxation and rejuvenation and a range of dining options serving many local dishes.
Being just steps away from Westport town centre, you can also visit traditional Irish pubs if you fancy.
The hotel is close to…Westport Town!
The hotel is perfect for…a great cultural experience!
Key features here include:
- Spa Sula provides deluxe spa treatments and rituals
- An outdoor hot tub, sauna, steam room, and 20 m indoor pool to enjoy
- A modern and well-equipped fitness centre to stay active while you are away
- Talking Heads Hair Salon is on-site for all your hair services
- Beautiful and spacious rooms to ensure comfort
- 10-minute walk to the train station, 5-minute walk to the local golf course
- Live music and dancing every night to stay entertained
- The award-winning Orchard Restaurant, run by a French head chef, serves delicious dishes
- May’s Bistro is a stylish, intimate eatery open from 12:30 each day
- Petie Joes Bar serves great pints and has an extensive wine list
Address: Castlebar Rd, Carrowbeg, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland
4. Westport Woods Hotel & Spa – a hotel the family will love
Overview: Located on the outskirts of Westport, close to the Carrowbeg River, is Westport Woods Hotel & Spa, a popular family hotel and one of the best luxury spa hotels in Westport.
As well as being situated in 300-year-old woods, it enjoys a great location close to Westport’s town centre.
Families will love this hotel, and visitors can look forward to participating in plenty of activities for all ages, a fantastic spa and leisure centre, and the opportunity to book family rooms and interconnecting rooms to make your stay much more comfortable.
The hotel is close to…Clew Bay!
The hotel is perfect for…a fun family adventure!
Key features here include:
- The Beech Club Spa provides organic spa treatments using Voya products
- The Beech Club Leisure Centre has a fully equipped gym, indoor pool, training programmes, and swimming lessons
- Jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room are on-site for the ultimate relaxation
- Minutes away from Clew Bay for exciting water activities
- Stables on site which offer horse trekking
- Travel cots, babysitting service, kiddies pool, pool table, and kids club
- Ideally located for day trips to Killary Fjord, Westport Adventure Park, and Wild West Indoor Play Village
- The Kids Club features the breakfast train, fun and games, talent shows, and quiz nights
- Plenty of room types and sizes to choose from
- Plenty of on-site eateries with dedicated kids’ menus
Address: Quay Rd, Cloonmonad, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland
5. Westport Coast Hotel – an ideal place to relax and unwind
Overview: This is one of the best luxury spa hotels in Westport, located in the trendy area known as The Quays. Here you have a view of the beautiful waterfront and can enjoy the peace, quiet, and tranquillity of this area of the town.
From here, you are just a few minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Westport town, all the while being in a great spot to reach Croagh Patrick, Clew Bay, and a range of idyllic small coastal villages along the way.
The hotel is close to…The Quays!
The hotel is perfect for…a romantic escape!
Key features here include:
- The award-winning Waterfront Restaurant is ideal for a romantic meal with a view
- The Coast Bar and Bistro offers an extensive bar menu in a casual setting
- Live music is featured at the newly refurbished Coast Bar on selected nights
- State-of-the-art thermal suite with rock sauna, steam room, wet and dry cabins, and aroma grotto
- Spa Veda offers indulgent spa treatments using Voya products
- An 18 m pool, jacuzzi, and dedicated children’s pool to use
- The Westport Golf Course is a five-minute drive from the hotel, which is ideal for golf holidays
- A wide range of rooms and suites, including harbour view rooms and deluxe family suites
- They also offer luxury self-catering apartments next to the hotel for extra space or larger groups
- They provide one-of-a-kind weekend yoga retreats for a therapeutic weekend away
Address: The Quay, Cloonmonad, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Best-located luxury spa hotels: Breaffy House Resort; Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Best luxury spa hotels with a view: Ashford Castle; Connemara Sands Hotel & Spa
Best luxury spa hotels with live music: Cloneen House; Clew Bay Hotel
Best family-friendly luxury spa hotels: The Wyatt Hotel; Ardmore Country House Hotel
Best hotels at the harbour: The Helm Westport, The Quayshttps://zestrip.net/The-Quays/
FAQs about luxury spa hotels in Westport
Does Knockranny offer spa packages?
Knockranny offers Mindful Moments and Total Wellness Spa packages, residential packages, and regular special offers.
How much do hotels with a spa in Westport cost on the weekend?
You can expect to pay between €235-€400 per night for two people for a weekend in June.
What are the most popular hotels with a spa in Westport?
Westport Plaza Hotel & Spa is one of the best in the town centre, while Westport Coast Hotel is one of the best luxury spa hotels on the coast.
Now that you’ve checked out the best luxury spa hotels in Westport, why not pack your bags and plan a luxurious spa break to the west of Ireland?