Staying at a spa hotel is always a good idea, especially in Limerick, and here are the most lavish ones to check out in the region.
County Limerick is located in the mid-west part of Ireland. While it is a fantastic base for visiting other counties on day trips, activities and attractions are abundant right on your doorstep.
With plenty of ancient castles to marvel at, many award-winning restaurants with gourmet cuisine to try and many historical attractions to keep you busy, Limerick has an idyllic location at the heart of it all.
So, if you want inspiration for your next luxurious trip away, look at these five best luxury spa hotels in Limerick, ranked.
The rundown – our top choices for the best luxury spa hotels in Limerick
- Best luxury five-star spa hotel: Adare Manor
- Best-located luxury spa hotel: The Savoy Hotel
- Best luxury hotel and leisure club: Castletroy Park Hotel
- Best luxury family-friendly spa hotel: Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa
- Best luxury boutique spa hotel: No.1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
The best luxury spa hotels in Limerick – tips and advice
When to book: When booking a stay at one of these top five luxury spa hotels in Limerick, it is always best to book as far in advance as you can; the same goes for any treatments you may want to have while you are there. The further in advance you book, the better.
Booking.com is the most highly recommended booking platform for luxury spa hotels in Limerick.
Where to stay in and around Limerick – the best places to base yourself for exploring Limerick
Limerick City Centre: This is a prime location for many people visiting the area, especially to experience the city’s nightlife and attractions and to see the many local Irish bars, pubs and restaurants.
Bunratty: Located in County Clare, yet just a stone’s throw from Limerick City Centre, this is a beautiful part of the country to stay for visiting Bunratty Castle, Limerick and Lough Derg, as well as the west of Ireland.
Castletroy: Located on the outskirts of Limerick, just a few minutes’ drive to the centre, Castletroy is where the University of Limerick is located, and it is a great place to base yourselves for exploring without being right in the heart of the vibrant city centre.
Adare: Adare is a designated heritage town. It is a popular place for those visiting the area to stay for a few nights, especially when choosing the Adare Manor Hotel.
Lough Derg: Lough Derg is a stunning place to base yourself if you want to be surrounded by nature, water activities and a slow pace of life; it is also just an hour from Limerick and close to many other Irish attractions.
1. Adare Manor – one of the best luxury spa hotels in Limerick
Overview: Adare Manor hotel has to be one of the best luxury spa hotels in Limerick and one of the most well-known luxury hotels in Ireland. A stay here will guarantee absolute luxury from the moment you enter the estate, with its incredible landscaped gardens, enchanting historic building and dramatic views.
This upscale hotel which also features a prestigious golf club is located in a superb location in the Irish countryside, ensuring you have the most comfortable and tranquil stay possible. If this is not enough, the hotel has also been awarded Number 1 Resort in the World by Conde Nast Traveler Readers in 2022, which is certainly a title to brag about. However, if you thought the luxury ended there, you’d be mistaken because Adare Manor is a hotel with exceptional features and is the epitome of genuine Irish hospitality.
The hotel is close to…Adare Manor Golf Club!
The hotel is perfect for…Golfing enthusiasts looking for an ultra-luxurious stay!
Key features here include:
- 840 acres of pristine parkland
- Plenty of activity packages to avail of, such as The Wellness Package and The Padel Club Activity Package
- Their deluxe spa won best Munster Spa of the Year in 2022
- A Michelin Star restaurant serving up gourmet cuisine
- A vast range of spa treatments, such as Pregnancy Massage, Deep Tissue Massage and Body Detox treatments.
- Ideally located 25 mins from Shannon Airport and 20 mins from Limerick City Centre
- An award-winning golf course which is set to host the Ryder Cup in 2027
- Impressively large deluxe bedrooms and staterooms with traditional Georgian furniture
- Several fantastic dining options for all ages and tastes
- The Spa at Adare Manor offers unique medically inspired treatments for ultimate relaxation
Address: Adare, Co. Limerick, V94 W8WR, Ireland
2. The Savoy Hotel – overlooking the River Shannon
Overview: Set right in the heart of Limerick City Centre, this modern boutique hotel is the ideal spot for exploring all that Limerick city has to offer – you couldn’t get more central if you tried. This has to be one of the best luxury spa hotels in Limerick, located between King Johns Castle and Thomond Park, making it easier than ever to go outside and explore on foot.
On top of the location, The Savoy Hotel offers some excellent hotel facilities, luxurious bedrooms and spa and fitness facilities too, so your needs will be met at this upscale hotel. When it comes to dining, there are a host of options for whatever the mood brings, so there is a lot to look forward to when staying at The Savoy Hotel, Limerick.
The hotel is close to…Thomond Park and King Johns Castle!
The hotel is perfect for…a luxurious hotel and spa break in Limerick City Centre!
Key features here include:
- Ideally located in the centre of town
- Beauty treatments and Thai massages are available by appointment
- The Market Square offers a fine dining experience
- The Hamptons offers a New York Grill-style dining experience
- Egyptian cotton sheets in all 107 bedrooms for ultimate comfort
- Executive rooms, deluxe rooms and junior suites to choose from
- The Savoy Bar serves excellent craft beer and fantastic cocktails day and night
- Five-star spa experience at The VB Spa
- The VB Spa provides body treatments, spa packages, facials and spa retreats
- Enjoy the plunge pool, gym and spa bath
Address: 22 Henry St, Limerick, V94 EY2P, Ireland
3. Castletroy Park Hotel – a fantastic dog-friendly spa hotel in Limerick
Overview: Ideally located next to the University of Limerick, you are never too far from the many Limerick attractions such as King Johns Castle, Thomond Park and the famous Milk Market. As well as having a superb location, Castletroy Park Hotel is well known for its exceptional spa facilities, and did we mention the hotel is pet friendly too?
The hotel is perfect for a relaxing getaway, a romantic escape or even a family gathering, with plenty of activities to keep you entertained and lots of pampering beauty treatments available in the onsite Beauty Rooms. This is one of Limerick’s best four-star luxury spa hotels.
The hotel is close to…The University of Limerick and Limerick City Centre!
The hotel is perfect for…a comfortable base for exploring your surroundings!
Key features here include:
- Traditional Irish breakfast served every morning
- McLaughlan’s award-winning restaurant is ideal for all occasions and serves the freshest produce
- The Brasserie is perfect for casual dinners, lunches or meetings
- The Beauty Rooms provide award-winning facials, nail treatments, and pamper packages
- A 20m heated indoor pool, with many water-based fitness classes available
- Steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and even ice baths available on request
- A fully equipped gym to stay active
- Private dining is available at The Garden Room
- This is a dog-friendly hotel
- Contemporary designed rooms and suites with all mod cons throughout
Address: University Gates, Dublin Rd, Limerick, Ireland
4. Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa – one of the top spa hotels for families
Overview: Boasting 20 acres of gardens, an ideal countryside location, incredible hotel facilities as well as excellent for families, the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Limerick is one of the most popular choices in the area. While being close to the city and many of the surrounding attractions, the hotel, which is just ten minutes from the centre, oozes tranquillity.
Looking out to the Woodcock Mountains, you can quickly feel like you are far from anything, yet you are a stone’s throw from Bunratty Castle, King Johns Castle and just 10 km (6.2 miles) from Shannon Airport. This is a fantastic choice for being at the heart of it all yet feeling like you’re on a retreat.
The hotel is close to…Shannon Airport and Limerick City Centre!
The hotel is perfect for…a family getaway!
Key features here include:
- A short five-minute drive to King Johns Castle, Thomond Park and The Hunt Museum
- A fun and exciting kids club which runs every day in the afternoon
- Kids can enjoy nature walks, bushcraft and archery
- There is an onsite paddock with lots of farm animals
- 20 acres of parkland and beautiful views
- Rain Spa & Leisure Club for fitness activities, Elemis spa treatments and thermal suites
- Outdoor hot tub, tropical rain showers, sauna, steam room and a relaxing Japanese Garden
- A traditional Irish pub, café, cosy dining areas and bars to enjoy
- 154 luxurious rooms, including unique family rooms
- All guestrooms with countryside views
Address: Ennis Road, Limerick, Ireland
5. No.1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa – located in the historic Georgian Quarter
Overview: This boutique hotel in Limerick has everything that comes with a luxury spa hotel, except it is located in the historic Georgian Quarter in a fascinating townhouse. From here, you are just steps away from all the city’s exciting attractions and nightlife and are close enough to Bunratty Castle, Lough Derg and The Rock of Cashel.
This is an ideal place to stay for the thriving nightlife and abundance of eateries, but you may not want to step foot out of the hotel when you see the excellent facilities they offer. With a deluxe spa that offers organic treatments and guest rooms with beautiful views, there is no reason to overlook No.1 Pery Square for a breakaway.
The hotel is close to…Peoples Park and Limerick City Centre!
The hotel is perfect for…a cosy boutique stay!
Key features here include:
- An underground spa in the 1830s basement vaults, which offers 100% organic spa treatments
- Thermal spa area with a coal bunker sauna, a herbal cocoon and Irish mist showers
- Voya spa products are used, as well as Irish seaweed and Irish peat baths
- SASH serves up some delicious French gourmet cuisine
- The hotel is located in an 18th-century Georgian townhouse
- A seasonal wine list is available, and unique bespoke cocktails are served
- Their delightful Afternoon Tea is served in The Drawing Room
- Rooms overlook the majestic Peoples Park
- Period rooms, The Townhouse suite and club rooms are available
- The Period House can be privately rented for up to 12 guests and has a butler service
Address: Georgian Quarter, 1 Pery Square, Limerick, V94 EKP9, Ireland
- Best luxury five-star spa hotels: Cashel Palace Hotel Tipperary, Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate Galway
- Best-located luxury spa hotels: Absolute Hotel Limerick, Falls Hotel & Spa
- Best luxury hotel and leisure clubs: Greenhills Hotel & Leisure Centre, The Lakeside Hotel & Leisure Centre
- Best luxury family-friendly spa hotels: Fitzgeralds Woodlands House Hotel & Spa, Killaloe Hotel & Spa
- Best luxury boutique spa hotels: Maldron Hotel Limerick, Limerick Strand Hotel
FAQs about the best luxury spa hotels in Limerick
How much is a hotel in Limerick for tonight?
You can expect to pay between €78 and €165 as an average nightly rate.
What’s the best luxury spa hotel in Limerick?
Adare Manor is the most luxurious five-star hotel and spa in Limerick.
Where are the best central luxury spas in Limerick?
No.1 Pery Square and The Savoy Hotel are two of Limerick’s most centrally located luxury spa hotels.
So, now that you’ve seen what luxury awaits, don’t leave it until the last minute to enjoy a relaxing break away at one of the five best luxury spa hotels in Limerick.