Emerald Green Media Ltd is the parent company of several influential websites, including Ireland Before You Die and Meanwhile in Ireland.
These websites began as far back as 2014, but Emerald Green Media was founded in 2019 to bring them all under one company.
Ireland Before You Die (IB4UD) is our main website, and it is Ireland’s most popular independent travel and culture website. Meanwhile in Ireland is one of Ireland’s biggest culture and satirical news websites.
We are on the hunt for a Part-Time Freelance Videographer (at least 12 hours per week) to join our team in Belfast. The contract will be initially three months with the view of a more permanent role.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Freelance Videographer; someone who possess great experience in the field and has exceptional skills; someone with creativity and vision by the bucketload.
Working as part of Emerald Green Media’s team, your role will be to help create inspiring travel and culture videos that will engage our followers and share our passion for travel.
This is a hands-on role, and with that, you must be willing to travel to exciting destinations around Ireland.
Given that this is a highly autonomous, as well as collaborative role, we will only be considering experienced candidates who are highly motivated, reliable and confident in their skillset.
- Creating exciting travel and culture videos which will be shown to large audiences
- Travelling to different destinations around Ireland
- Editing your own videos and others from the team
- Working to a storyboard and brief
- Working with the Creative Director to come up with unique ideas with material provided
- Provide creative input throughout the project life cycle
- Assisting with pitching and quotation on new projects
- Managing own projects, if required
- Helping out on shoots, if required
- Graduate or Student of Film Studies or related disciplines
- At least 1 year of experience
- Highly skilled in Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Passionate and motivated
- Strong portfolio of previous work
- High attention to detail
- A good sense of humour
- Be a self-starter, capable of working independently, and be motivated to succeed
- A willingness to work long hours as needed, often under pressure
- Must have your own camera equipment and be fully confident in your abilities with it
- You must be able to report for work at short notice in Belfast
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Loves new technology and trends and constantly seek opportunities to improve your art/design/animation skills
- Motion graphics experience is favoured, however not mandatory
- Hourly Rate: £11.50
- Access to office in Belfast City Centre when not shooting videos
- Opportunity to travel around Ireland
- Flexible working hours
- Free Coffee!
This role will be a three-month contract with the view for an extended period. The role will be at least 12 hours per week and will start in May 2021.
This position has now been filled but if you feel you match the criteria and would like to be considered for future jobs in this area, please email your CV and a cover note explaining how you meet the criteria to [email protected].