The fictional Irish priest Father Ted lives in an old parochial house on Craggy Island off the coast of Ireland.
His roommates are nitwit Dougal and drunken Father Jack. The housekeeper Mrs. Doyle tries to keep them all in line with plates of sandwiches and pots of tea.
The brilliant sitcom is a cult classic and was filmed in and around County Clare. Ted’s house really exists near Corofin in County Clare.
Father Ted’s House From Galway
Father Ted’s house is about one hour from Galway.
- Leaving Galway take Dublin Road and then the N18 in the direction of Limerick.
- After 8.5km on the N18, turn right onto the N67.
- Drive for 11km then turn left onto the L8587
- After 800m turn left and continue on that road for 11.3km.
- At the T-junction, turn left and then take the first road on the right,
- Father Ted’s House will be about 3.5km down the road on your right.
Latitude and Longitude 53.010316,-9.030211