We’ve got everything you need to know about this artisan whiskey, vodka, and gin distillery in the heart of Kerry’s favourite coastal town.
In beautiful County Kerry, Dingle Distillery produces special edition whiskey, vodka, and gin. Its award-winning drinks are enjoyed across the island and, indeed, the world.
Moreover, a tour of the distillery is as luxurious as the spirits it makes. It allows visitors to witness the magic of the natural, manual whiskey production and includes a taste of some of the specials along the way – a real whiskey lover’s dream!
Ireland Before You Die’s top tips for visiting the Dingle Distillery:
- Try one of the signature cocktails! We highly recommend the Honey Old Fashioned, the Dingle Mule, and the Wild Atlantic Smash, all made with Dingle spirits and natural additions, including homemade apricot jam.
- Whiskey lovers might enjoy taking home a ‘Batch Series’ malt. The series comprises six batches of single-malt whiskeys distilled in different strengths and distinct flavours, casks, and undertones.
- Definitely book a tour. Tours are one hour long, costing €18 for adults and €15 for students. Tastings throughout are included in the price, along with a complimentary signature-serve refreshment to finish.
- The distillery is located in the Gaeltacht region of County Kerry along the Wild Atlantic Way, so you can practise your ‘cúpla focal’ (‘few words’) or learn some Gaeilge during your visit too.
Interesting facts about the Dingle Distillery:
- Dingle Distillery has been producing fine, award-winning spirits in County Kerry since 2012.
- You can become one of 100 ‘descendants’ of the distillery via the ‘cask program’, which allows patrons to own a personalised whiskey. Other benefits include an annual bottle of signature edition whiskey whilst yours distils for eight years.
- All Dingle whiskeys are triple distilled in bespoke copper stills from Scotland.
- The Distillery is creating a ‘Celtic Series’ of signature whiskeys. Eight distinct editions will be produced in line with the eight periods of the solar calendar. The Bealtaine and Samhain special editions are available to purchase on the website.
- Everything is done onsite at the distillery, and the expert distillers meticulously craft, pour, age, and bottle the spirits to the highest standard.
Food: Out of the Blue and The Fish Box serve locally caught, highly recommended seafood.
Drink: Dick Mack’s famous pub is less than a twenty-minute walk from the distillery and is renowned for its welcoming atmosphere and live music nights.
Tourist Attractions: Both the popular Dingle Oceanworld Aquarium and the historical landmark of Eask Tower are near the distillery.
Your questions answered about the Dingle Distillery
Is Dingle Distillery worth visiting?
Yes, the distillery is interesting, and the tour guides are knowledgeable and welcoming. It is a whiskey lover’s delight and a great experience for all.
Is there parking at Dingle Distillery?
Yes, there is ample parking available at the facility for visitors.
How long does the tour of Dingle Distillery take?
A visit to the distillery takes a maximum of two hours as the tours are one hour long with a refreshment afterwards.
Need to know anything else?
If you need to know anything else, including information on booking a tour, you can contact Dingle Distillery using the following information.
Address: Dingle Distillery, Farranredmond, Dingle, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Email: [email protected]