Emerald Green Media Ltd is the parent company of several influential websites, including Ireland Before You Die and Meanwhile in Ireland.
These websites began as far back as 2014, but Emerald Green Media was founded in 2019 to bring them all under one company.
Ireland Before You Die (IB4UD) is our main website, and it is Ireland’s most popular independent travel and culture website. Meanwhile in Ireland is one of Ireland’s biggest culture and satirical news websites.
We are on the hunt for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our dynamic team in our Belfast office.
The successful candidate will work closely with our team on an exciting range of projects spanning a variety of digital channels.
The role will include all aspects of digital marketing, including SEO, social media management, email marketing, content design, and digital strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player. You will hold a degree in marketing or a similar field with a sound understanding of all facets of digital marketing. The chosen candidate must have at least one year of hands-on experience working in a digital marketing role.
You are hungry to succeed and goal orientated with the determination and creativity to elevate our digital presence to even greater heights.
A good eye for detail, a can-do attitude and a problem-solving approach to everyday tasks are also essential to maintain our high standards.
Proficiency with all social media platforms, as well as an awareness of social media trends are essential.
Working alongside our team you will assist with the following tasks:
- Managing and improving our SEO strategy
- Managing and improving our social media strategy
- Analysing Google analytics data
- Managing the marketing strategy for our online shop and email newsletters
- Building relationships with content creators and other websites
- Creating and posting Instagram and Facebook stories with links to our articles
- Managing and growing our Twitter account
Although you will receive full training to help you succeed in this role, we are particularly in search of someone who can bring something unique to this position – be it creativity or experience in the field – to help us grow as a company.
- At least 1 year of experience in digital marketing (must include SEO and social media)
- Degree-educated with a 2.1 or higher in marketing or a similar field
- A passion for travel and knowledge of Ireland
- Experience in using Photoshop/Illustrator and Canva
- An analytical mind and problem-solving mentality
- Knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working under pressure and on various projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Excellent proof-reading skills and understanding of the English language
- Experience using Google tools such as Analytics, Search Console, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively on a team and remotely
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp is desired but not required
- £10 per hour (£11 after probation period)
- Office in Belfast City Centre
- Regular team-bonding activities
- Training & development and up-skilling opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Company benefits package
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Free coffee!
The position will be a three-month rolling contract with the view to becoming permanent. An initial three-month probation period will also apply. The role will start in May 2021.
This role will begin as three days per week (21 hours total) and is based in Belfast City Centre. Remote working will be allowed after training has been completed.
This position has now been filled but if you feel you match the criteria and would like to be considered for future jobs in this area, please email your CV and a cover note explaining how you meet the criteria to [email protected].