They may be weird and wonderful, but these 50 adorable and unique Irish boys names are absolutely unforgettable.
Irish names, much like the language itself, are difficult to comprehend, even at the best of times.
That being said, we would love to be seeing a lot more of these 50 adorable and unique Irish boys names.
50. Brion – honourable and strong
Brion is simply a variation of Brian; it means ‘honourable’ and ‘strong’.
49. Clancy – a rare name nowadays
You don’t often hear the name Clancy these days, but if you do, you now know it means ‘red-haired warrior’.
48. Blaine – slender and angular
Blaine is another one of our adorable and unique Irish boys names. It means ‘slender’ and ‘angular’ in Irish.
47. Fallon – a unique unisex name
This Irish unisex name means ‘leader’.
46. Connelly – love and friendship
If you’re seeking a name that communicates positive messages of love and friendship, Connelly is the way to go.
45. Daly – also an Irish surname
The name, Daly, is both a first and last name. It derives from the word ‘counsellor’.
44. Donal – the proud chief
If you’re after an adorable and unique Irish boys names of great impact, Donal means ‘proud chief’ in Gaelic.
43. Rourke – the clan name
In the Irish language, this Irish name means ‘champion’.
42. Devin – the poet
This Gaelic boys name means ‘poet’, although it is less commonly seen today.
41. Brogan – the little shoe
This name was once prevalent in Ireland but is seldom seen these days. Brogan means ‘little shoe’ in Irish.
40. Finn – a deritive of Fionn
Finn derives from the Irish name Fionn, which means ‘fair, white, clear’.
39. Diarmuid – a name of Irish mythology
Diarmuid is a name that often appears in Irish mythology. A variation of this that is universally popular is Dermot.
38. Calhoun – a man of nature
This Irish boys’ name means ‘from the narrow forest’.
37. Kane – ancient and enduring
The name Kane means ‘ancient’ or ‘enduring’ in the Irish language.
36. Riordan – the bard
This Irish boys’ name comes from the surname O’Riordan. It means ‘royal poet’ or ‘bard’.
35. Oisin – the little deer
This name, which means ‘little deer’, is often cited in Irish mythology.
34. Quillan – an Irish variation of a classic name
Quillan is an adorable and unique Irish boys’ name which is a variation of Colin.
33. Grady – a noble name
The name Grady means ‘noble’ and ‘illustrious’.
32. Devlin – the brave boy
In the Irish language, Devlin means ‘fierce bravery’.
31. Galvin – the bright one
In Irish, this name means ‘bright one’.
30. Tadgh – the hard to pronounce
The name Tadgh means ‘storyteller’ in Irish. It is phonetically pronounced: tige (like tiger but without the ‘r’).
29. Donovan – a name for dark
Donovan is a unique Irish name that means ‘dark’ in Gaelic.
28. Caelan – a name of many meanings
This name is commonly phonetically pronounced kay-lan. It has many meanings, including ‘slender’, ‘child’, ‘mighty warrior’, and ‘victorious people’.
27. Darby – people may remember the film Darby O’Gill
In Gaelic, this name means ‘free one’.
26. Phelan – the name of the wolf
This name is also seen in the Irish language as Faoláin. It means ‘wolf’.
25. Piran – the word for prayer
Piran is an ancient Irish name that means ‘prayer’.
24. Nevan – the holy child
Nevan is an Irish boys’ name that means ‘holy’.
23. Taber – a simple but stunning name
Taber is another one of our adorable and unique Irish boys names. It merely means ‘well’.
22. Kellen – a name of Irish and German ancestry
Kellen stems from two cultural backgrounds; it means ‘slender’.
21. Fiadh – the wild one
Fiadh is a unisex name in Irish, which means ‘wild’.
20. Gulliver – you might remember the book: Gulliver’s travels
This name means ‘glutton’ in the Irish language.
19. Whelan – another name for wolf
Like Phelan, Whelan is a variant of the Gaelic name, Faolán, which means wolf.
18. Hagan – for the Viking at heart
For those who are willful and strong, this name, which means ‘Viking‘, might be a good fit.
17. Brin – a unique name
This name is phonetically pronounced ‘breen’. It means ‘high’, ‘noble’ and ‘strong’.
16. Aban – the little abbot
Aban is another one of our adorable and unique Irish boys names. It means ‘little abbot’.
15. Ivo – another name of Irish and German cultures
Ivo is not a common name in Ireland, but it has roots on the Emerald Isle, as it does in Germany. It means ‘yew wood, archer’.
Ivo of Kermartin is a famous historical figure with this name.
14. Kermit – don’t think of the frog
In old Irish, the name Kermit means ‘free man’.
13. Leith – a name of Scottish and Irish standing
The Scottish version of the name means ‘river’, whereas the Irish version means ‘wide’.
12. Ultan – a symbol of the provinces
This name is pronounced, ‘ult-un’. It means ‘Ulsterman’. Ulster is one of Ireland’s four provinces, and it is located in the north of the country.
11. Bain – fair-haired one
This unique Irish boy name means ‘fair-haired one’.
10. Carbry – an old Irish name
Carbry is an old Irish name. It means ‘charioteer’.
9. Lonan – the little black bird
In Gaelic, Lonan or Lonán means ‘little black bird’.
8. Merric – ruler of the sea
The name Merric means ‘ruler of the sea’.
7. Coileáin – the young one
Coileáin is an old Irish name that means ‘cub’ or ‘young one’.
6. Torin – the chief
In Ireland, the name Torin means ‘chief of the crags’.
5. Alaois – the perks of life
In Irish, this name means he who ‘enjoys the perks of life’. It is also said that this name means ‘famous in war’.
4. Iollan – another unusual name
This name (phonetically spelt ‘ul-an’) means ‘one who worships a different god’. It has often been seen in Irish mythology.
3. Jarlath – in the name of the lord
This unique boys’ name means ‘tribulatory lord.’
2. Odhran – the little green one
Pronounced o-rawn, this name means ‘little green one’ in Gaelic.
1. Veon – hills and sky
The last of our adorable and unique Irish boys names is Veon. It means ‘hillside’ or ‘sky’ in Irish.