6. Dublin was founded by Vikings, who settled in what they called the “Norse Kingdom of Dublin” in the 9th century.
7. Dublin’s famous Trinity College boasts many celebrated graduates—including Oscar Wilde, Jonathan Swift, and Bram Stoker (who wrote Dracula).
8. County Dublin is the country’s third-smallest county but a third of Ireland’s population lives there.
9. The Dublin Mountains Way was recently named one of the most scenic routes in the world. The walking trail was established in 2009 and stretches 25 miles. It encompasses mountain trails, country paths and rural roads.
10. Dublin’s O’Connell Bridge is reckoned to be the only bridge in the European continent that has the same width as its length.
We take our photos with this camera: Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Camera - Click here to view
Share this article: