6. In 2007, Galway was named one of the top eight “sexiest cities” in the world.
7. There are 7,000 Irish speakers in Galway city, which is nearly ten percent of the population.
8. Galway is often referred to as the “Cultural Heart of Ireland” as it is most associated with the Irish language, music, song and dance traditions.
9. The city is known for its vibrant lifestyle and numerous festivals, celebrations and events including the summer’s Galway Arts Festival which is known for its famous Macnas (the arts group) parade.
10. The park at the centre of Galway City is officially called John F. Kennedy Park after the presidential visit of 1970.
We take our photos with this camera: Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Camera - Click here to view
Share this article: